- Project specific IDs for issues, mr, milestones
- Above items will get a new id and for example all bookmarked issue urls will change.
- Old issue urls are redirected to the new one if the issue id is too high for an internal id.
- Description field added to Merge Request
- API: Sudo api calls (Izaak Alpert)
- API: Group membership api (Izaak Alpert)
- Improved commit diff
- Improved large commit handling (Boyan Tabakov)
- Rewrite: Init script now less prone to errors and keeps better track of the service (Rovanion Luckey)
- Link issues, merge requests, and commits when they reference each other with GFM (Ash Wilson)
- Close issues automatically when pushing commits with a special message
- Improve user removal from admin area
- Invalidate events cache when project was moved
- Remove deprecated classes and rake tasks
- Add event filter for group and project show pages
- Add links to create branch/tag from project home page
- Add public-project? checkbox to new-project view
- Improved compare page. Added link to proceed into Merge Request
- Send email to user when he was added to group
- New landing page when you have 0 projects
Backup saves lives.
NOTE: With MySQL, this may require granting "LOCK TABLES" privileges to the GitLab user on the database version.
1. Stop the server
2. Get latest code
3. Update gitlab-shell
4. Install libs, migrations, etc.
5. Update config files
- Make /home/git/gitlab/config/gitlab.yml same as https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/6-1-stable/config/gitlab.yml.example but with your settings.
- Make /home/git/gitlab/config/unicorn.rb same as https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/6-1-stable/config/unicorn.rb.example but with your settings.
6. Update init script
7. Start application
8. Check application status
Check if GitLab and its environment are configured correctly
To make sure you didn't miss anything run a more thorough check with
If all items are green, then congratulations upgrade complete!