The 3 most important improvements in GitLab 5.4
- Edit Comments
- Show Issue Participants
- Notifications for mentioned users
- Ability to edit own comments
- Allow project imports via git:// URLs
- Show participants on issues, including mentions
- Notify mentioned users with email
- Documentation improvements
- Improve dashboard projects page
- GitLab Markdown help page
- Increase snippet content column size
- Fixed nav for empty repos
- Fix PostgreSQL database restoration problem
- Misspelling fixes
- Added client list to API doc
- Added support of unicorn and fog gems
Backup saves lives.
NOTE: With MySQL, this may require granting "LOCK TABLES" privileges to the GitLab user on the database version.
1. Stop the serer
2. Get the latest code
DO NOT forget to check config.yml to make sure the FQDN is correct.
3. Install libraries, migration, etc.
4. Update config files
Make /home/git/gitlab/config/gitlab.yml same as https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/5-4-stable/config/gitlab.yml.example but with existing settings.
Make /home/git/gitlab/config/puma.rb same as https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/5-4-stable/config/puma.rb.example but with existing settings.
5. Update init script
6. Update Nginx Configuration File - OPTIONAL
7. Start the application
8. Check Application Status
Check if GitLab and its environment are configured correctly
To make sure nothing is missed, run a more thorough check with
If all items are GREEN, then congratulations upgrade complete!