3 Most Important Improvements
- Repository Graph
- HipChat/Campfire Services integration with your projects
- Code Snippets now available for personal use. Create own snippets. Share public snippets with your colleagues
- Repository Graph
- HipChat/Campfire services integration
- Advanced snippets: public/private, project/personal
- Rename repository
- Generate the Rails secret token on first run
- Fixed bug with LDAP + git over http
- Fixed bug with google analytics code being ignored
- Respect newlines in wall messages
- Fix project events duplicate on project page
- Fix postgres error when displaying network graph.
- Fix dashboard event filter when navigate via turbolinks
- Fix dashboard lost if comment on commit
- Fix bug with team assignation on project from #4109
- Init.d: remove gitlab.socket on service start
- Fixes issue with —depth option
- Api: Prevent blob content being escaped
- Api: added teams api
- Api: Smart deploy key add behaviour
- Api: projets/owned.json return user owned project
Backup saves lives.
NOTE: With MySQL, this may require granting "LOCK TABLES" privileges to the GitLab user on the database version.
1. Stop the server
2. Get the latest code
3. Install libraries, migration, etc.
4. Update config files
Make /home/git/gitlab/config/gitlab.yml same as https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/5-3-stable/config/gitlab.yml.example but with existing settings.
Make /home/git/gitlab/config/puma.rb same as https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/5-3-stable/config/puma.rb.example but with existing settings.
5. Update init script
6. Update nginx config file - OPTIONAL
7. Start the application
8. Check application status
Check if GitLab and its environment are configured correctly
To make sure nothing is missed, run a more thorough check with
If all items are GREEN, then congratulations upgrade complete!
Revert to previous version - 5.2
If upgrade goes pear shaped, revert to previous version is easy.
1. Revert the code to the previous version
Follow the upgrade guide from 5.1 to 5.2, except for the database migration (The backup is already migrated to the previous version).
2. Restore from the backup